Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hi! I started to write something last Friday but ran out of time. To be honest, I wanted to put some links in my blog but they weren't working properly. (That attempt remains a draft until I can take a few minutes to figure out what I did wrong.)

However, since it has now been almost TWO weeks since we added anything here, I thought I'd better at least add a new picture. So here are three, along with some rather disconnected thoughts.

The picture is of my friend Charis, sent after a week bumping around the countryside with a van full of students. You go, girl. :) Enjoy a nice hot bath (or a shower) whenever you want, some air conditioning, real coffee (and your favorite creamers) and fun remembering the trip when you get home (home?) this summer. And zaaval nad ruu utastarai, za yu??!! :)

We are thankful for a good report from Charlotte and David about their wonderful and healthy little baby Silas, who made it safely into this world a couple of weeks ago. Thank you Father!



Hooray for my mom, who was able to find our blog online. :) Three cheers for mom! (Next time, she'll know to click "publish" after she writes her comments and then you'll all know what she thinks. :) I know she wanted to say hello to Urnaa and Badaa!)

It's now 7.47 and I'm still in my office. (Must go soon!) This morning I got my Virginia driver's license: who ever knew I'd be sentimental about losing my PA residency??!! But somehow I was sorry to say goodbye to my new Pennsylvania license with my new last name...

A little about our new state: The seal adopted in 1931 by the state of Virginia is based on a design from 1776. The front side shows Virtue, dressed as an Amazon, Triumphant over Tyranny. She holds a spear and a sheathed sword. Tyranny grasps a broken chain, and his crown lies fallen nearby. The back of the seal displays the Roman Goddess of eternity, liberty, and, agriculture. Hmm... (and once again, I'm being technologically thwartd. Trying to get the state seal in here...)

Za za, that's all for now. Missing folks from everywhere...

No comments: