We are so remiss in not having written in such a long time. Life sure didn’t slow down for us after we moved to Mongolia! Perhaps life in the countryside of Mongolia is a little less hectic, but we are living here in the capital, and thankful to be here!
Our Thanksgiving was nice, though not quite like ‘home’. I (Skye) am the ‘keeper of the culture,’ I suppose (well, the American culture, while we’re living elsewhere) and now we’ve just started our 2nd year of being back here in Mongolia. Last year Thanksgiving was a simple candlelit meal at home on the day itself. This year we repeated that tradition, but also invited Javkhaa’s family to come on Sunday for Thanksgiving too. Cooking for more than just our family on the one burner we have in this apartment was an adventure, but it all turned out okay. The plan for Christmas, though: a one-pot meal! (Yes, that worked out much better—I made Chuckwagon Stew, mmm. Perhaps a new Christmas tradition! :)
If you know Javkhaa, you won’t be surprised when I say that he’s busier than me. Between work, church, the Christian Youth Association (Future Leaders) and a couple of other groups he’s involved with, he stays a moving target. We remain very thankful for his job, and he works with some great people. It hasn’t been without its stressful seasons, though. He needs God’s wisdom and help to persevere and pursue excellence in all he does, to enjoy it, and to shine God’s love into his workplace. Pray that he and a few colleagues can make time for another prayer breakfast soon. (I’d love to find another believer at my school too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment