A new blog I came across this morning in my search for some encouraging verses to share with the mom's in our lifegroup... :)
My laundry sometimes piles high. So do my dishes. There are way too
many crumbs on my floor. And I didn’t actually grade anyone’s math
homework today. But this morning, before the day really began, I lit a
candle and prayed for God’s grace to fill my home. I made leaf-print art
with the kids on the front porch, worked out with a friend, and drove
my son and a neighbor to youth group … an hour away. At bedtime we read a
story and snuggled, even though it was late. And right now I should be
sweeping the living room, but instead I’m writing.
And that’s kind of the rhythm of my life. A little beauty, a little mess. A little work, a little fun. A little strife, a lot of grace.
Thank God for the grace.
http://www.encouragingbeautifulmotherhood.com/about/
I enjoyed reading this, because it's also so true in my own life! I want to do better at the former group of things (putting away laundry, washing and drying dishes, sweeping up crumbs) because they're important to make space (both physical AND mental, perhaps emotional and spiritual too) for the latter type of activities--coloring with the kids, talking about what they're thankful for, and snuggling. And being patient when they overreact to things... keeping things as calm as possible instead of participating in the escalation of a small bump in the road that can easily (in our house!) turn into a hurricane...! (Example: some nights when I'm reading those bedtime stories to the kids, my eyes start to close and the pauses between sentences start to last too long... or Yvelle notices I'm "NOT READING IT RIGHT, Mommy!!!" A couple of times she's run to a corner of the room and started crying in frustration and anger (and suddenly, without warning!)
And I think as I write, do I do that to God? I don't trust Him, or His good heart, or his trustworthy purposes and plans fo rme...
Lord, help me to be patient with my little guys, as you are SOOOOOOO patient with me...
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment